Peonies in my garden (and the ones I will plant this fall)

Right now, only two varieties of peonies flower in my garden. 

I am not a big fan of flowers that need extensive staking, especially not for a flower as fleeting as the peony! So, I am sharing some varieties I want to plant which have stronger stems and therefore ara less likely to need staking.


































































































































Nick Shaylor - may need staking, but beautiful












































































Chiffon Parfait Peony - Like Sarah Bernhardt...but stronger stems!


































Lastly, Salmon Beauty does need staking, but is among the last to bloom, extending the life of a peony garden.


Comments

Popular Posts