For me, the little details make a wedding. For our wedding, the details came from a little DIY and a whole lot of Etsy! So, I wanted to share a little run though of some of my favorite details from our big day in case it inspires anyone to try some ideas, adding their own twist.
1. The lanterns that decorated the otherwise basic white tent were hang strung by myself, my fiance and the entire wedding party. We used massive amounts of fishing wire and it took forever, but the results were amazing.
2. I designed the wedding menus in Ilustrator and cut out each painstakingly with an exacto knife. The monogram logo on the menus was also used on our cookie favors, invitations, and many other elements in the wedding - creating a cohesive look.
3. The paper flags were a great find I discovered on Etsy from AyMuyer. You can get her designs in several patterns and just about any color you can imagine. How fun!
4. Invitations were custom from Envelopments and I designed the printed elements (again in Illustrator). We used ribbon and a monogrammed seal to tie the whole thing together.
5. Votive escort cards are another Etsy find Illumienate. I love the way these came out! Each guests name was printed onto a piece of vellum that was wrapped around a votive and finished with aqua ribbon trim. Later in the night our caterers lit each votive creating a soft glow for the reception. What I loved about this concept is that the votives doubled as a wedding favor that guests took home to remember the night.