Isolation Vacation Dreams in Mystic CT
We had planned to visit Mystic CT for April vacation and had to back out of the trip due to COVID-19. While COVID is still an issue, many businesses have reopened and some hotels even offer contact-less check in. We are not sure 100% if we are ready to venture out, but we are considering the possibility of wearing our masks a lot of exploring only outdoor places.
This place is right on the water and they have no indoor common areas + contactless check in. The units have microwaves, fridge units and beautiful outdoor space!
- Check in around 3pm
- Explore property
- Get dinner take out from Bravo Bravo!
- Games on the lawn and a movie in your room (with some wine!)
- Breakfast take out from Sift
- Head to Mystic Aquarium
- Get lunch at Pizzetta or Red 26
- Mystic Seaport Museum
- Dinner from Noah's
- Mystic Depot Roasters for coffee & breakfast
- Hang around property
- Check out
- Get lunch at S&P before heading some
- Go to Gilette Castle
1) Outdoor portions of the Mystic Aquarium - the kids are so excited to see the beluga whales!
2) Mystic Seaport Museum - again only outdoor exhibits are opened for safety
3) Gillette Castle is closed but the grounds are open!
Food - Why are you always the first thing I plan on a trip?! I am terrified of food being an afterthought and missing out on the best that a place has to offer. Thus, I do buy research in advance.
- Bravo Bravo does take out and this is freakin insane awesome looking Italian!
- We plan to hit up S&P which has a beautiful outdoor seating area! This place was recommended by our Moon Travel book too, along with Noah's which provides takeout.
- Pizza from Pizzetta looks delicious!
- Our first night we will order take out dinner from Red 36 after checking in.
- Maybe we will order lunch from The Engine Room
- In the breakfast department Bleu Squid is calling my name
- Every vacation needs a high end coffee/bakery experience and Sift fits the bill!
- Mystic Depot roasters appears to have tons of breakfast and coffee options and uses our beloved Toast APP
- Eggs Benedict has a special place in my heart we so may need to check Kitchen Little out