No Knead Dutch Oven Bread
This bread is a household essential for us ever since the stay-at-home order started in MA. I went down the yeast rabbit hole early on and for my family, nothing beats a loaf of crusty & warm fresh baked bread. I especially love that this recipe combines wheat and white flour, for a beautiful taupe color. We use this loaf for paninis, breakfast sandwiches, toast & so much more! Adapted from a recipe by Sarah Waldman.
- 2 Cups Red Mill 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Cups King Arthur All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 cup filtered warm water (warmed in tea kettle until it just begins to make noise) + 1 cup cold filtered water mixed
- 3/4 Teaspoon Bellarise instant yeast
Grab a mixing bowl and combine both flours, salt and yeast.
Mix in water with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated.
Cover the bowl (with plastic wrap or parchment paper held on with a rubber band).
Leave on counter to rest (at least 12 hours, up to 18 hours)
Preheat oven to 475 with the dutch oven inside (cover off!)
- Flour work surface + your hands and shape dough into a nice boule
- When the oven has come to temp, have another grown-up hold the dutch oven in place with a pot holder, so it doesn't slide out of the oven and hurt someone!
- Drop the dough ball gently into the dutch oven.
- Put the lid on Dutch Oven.
- Close oven.
- Set timer for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook the bread another 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let rest on a trivet briefly.
- Pull bread out of dutch oven using a wooden spoon.
- Serve immediately with butter.