Random bits and pieces left over from our wedding were strewn throughout the house with no particular rhyme or reason. There was a raffia fan in one room, a swatch of lace in another, a cupcake flag in the dresser....what a mess.
So, after a little inspiration from Young House Love (if you don't frequent their blog yet you are missing out!) I decided to make my own wedding shadow box.
Micheal's was having 50% off frames so I got mine for $10.00!
Here's what went in:
(1) Handmade invitation that we lovingly kept to remember the blood, sweat and tears that went into making them
(1) Raffia fan (we used these as wedding favors, along with the cookies I made with my grandmother)
(1) Cupcake flag - made custom from Etsy
(1) Swatch of alencon lace from my Marisa 737
(1) Monogrammed Vellum baggy (that held petals to toss after our ceremony)
(1) Silk flower (originally meant to be worn in my hair - this was temporarily affixed to my purse when I decided to go with fresh flowers instead)
(1) Save the date magnet (designed in Illustrator and printed for super cheap on vista print)