Creating a Focal Point

I am in desperate need of furniture to create a focal point in our living room - drawing attention to our fireplace. I put together a couple mood boards to help me decide with 2 different rug options. Here is my thought process - I want to draw attention to our built in bookcases.The previous owners covered them up with an over-sized loveseat and it really distracted from the character of the built ins. Instead, I am thinking a console table flanked by two cream colored leather chairs would look great. That way the chairs can be brought out in front and at an angle, exposing the bookcases. This console will fit perfectly between the bookcases.


These rugs are both fabulous - I just can't decide which I love more. I'd love to hear thoughts from my designer friends! Let me know your vote:)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts