Style Interview: Getting to Know Erin

 

How would you define your interior design style? Feminine, timeless, layered, inviting and a smidge island-y. The interiors that inspire me most have classic bones, with elements of chinoiserie and coastal influences. The style I most closely connect with lately is new traditional. I also try my best to keep things family friendly, since I share my home with three boys and a Boston terrier. Nothing can be too precious! When I design a space, the foundation is often classic furniture and materials for large pieces, layering on patterned textiles and timeless metals such as polished nickel and unlacquered brass.  To add a textural and rustic edge, I layer on coastal elements through accessories. It is all about the mix. I adore blue and white. Also a hint of blush. Those are my go-to colors time and time again.

Drink of Choice? I adore coffee from my favorite coffee maker with almond milk because my body does not love dairy as much as it used to. I drink hot coffee year round, even when it is 90 degrees outside! 

Do you collect anything? My husband would call it hoarding! Yes I do collect things I love, namely interior design books, shells, any block print dresses I can get my hands on and patterned pillow cases. Textiles are my achilles heel and I have so many from Lisa Fine, Schumacher, Kelly Wearstler, Sister Parish and McGee & Co.


What are your favorite places to shop for home? Serena and Lily for tables, bedding and chairs, Williams Sonoma for planters and coffee tables, Etsy for Vintage Oushak Rugs or Target for Rugs used in kid friendly spaces. Overstock for Bamboo Shades, Ikea and West Elm for Curtains (hint you can add tape trim and rings and even line them for a higher end look!). I also shop on Facebook Marketplace, thrift shops and Craigslist for vintage and antiques. Local tip, Habitat for Humanity Restore is amazing thrifting. For art, I really adore Kayce Hughes, Diane Hill and Gray Malin

Who are your style icons? Definitely Rebecca De RavenelKelly Wearstler, and Julia Berolzheimer.

How do you keep your home organized with kids? Haha I do not really keep everything as organized as it looks on instagram. That is mostly artful cropping. That said, I am a big believer in lots of baskets, storage ottomans and drawers. That is really the only way to keep clutter out of sight. I recently bought these beautiful scalloped rattan tables from Serena & Lily as docking stations for all the kids school supplies and backpacks. They are bonkers they are so cute.

What are you currently reading this summer? Whenever I am on break from grad school (which is really only during the summer), I am usually reading one design book and one self improvement book at all times. I need to keep my brain busy. Right now I am loving The 12 Week Year and A Year At Clove Book Farm. Both are incredible for their own reasons.
    What are you wearing on repeat right now? I have coveted this Juliet Dunn dress forever and finally splurged and bought it with no regrets. It is stunning and beach ready in every way.

    Comments

    Popular Posts