Perennials I love right now
Many annual flowers are stunning with plentiful blooms, but since I am starting a new job I am much more focused on perennials that I can plant once and enjoy again every year!
Here are some of my favorites right now:
Butterfly Blue Pincushion Flower
Festival Star Baby's Breath
Pillow Talk Peony
Geranium Rozanne (great underplanted with roses and peonies)
- a clump of different colors planted close together looks beautiful! Such as purple, pink & white
- Or for more depth, plant with Endless Summer Hydrangea behind them and shirt boxwood in the very front
- White astilbe with purple hydrangeas is a beautiful combo
- Pink astilbe with blue hydrangea or white hydrangea is gorgeous too. Add hostess for more dimension when astilbe are not flowering and go dormant
- Style recipe (hydrangea back of bed, astilbe middle, boxwood front (cut to keep short)
- Put in planters around patio with terra cotta, gray stone & cream colored pots in different heights. Group in threes (large terra cotta, medium steel, small cream)
Plant with Endless Summer Hydrangea
Hydrangea (make a great privacy fence!) especially when mixing pink and blue endless summer - stunning when surrounded by pea gravel. Very Nantucket!
Plant to climb up trellis or in a mixed border bed! With hydrangea below and boxwoods in the very front (again beautiful against pea gravel)
Scepter'd Isle Rose (David Austin)
Desdemona Rose (David Austin)
Shropshire Lad Rose (David Austin) - a climber!
Olivia Rose (Austin)