West Elm Parsons Desk Look-Alike

Like all of you, I have coveted with the West Elm Parsons Desk, dreaming of the day it would be mine. But at $299 + $35 for shipping for  a grand total of $334.00 - I could never justify the cost. Then, last night during a Google search, I made an astonishing discovery. Overstock has a white desk with the exact same proportion & style...even a drawer in the same place! And, the best part - the Overstock version is only $135.99 + $1.00 shipping (that's $136.99)! The reviews do say that the Overstock version is more of a paint finish - not lacquered shiny white, but I figure if I really miss that sheen - I can set aside an afternoon and get the look for a few dollars with a couple cans of Rust-Oleum 1904-830 11 OZ Gloss White Lacquer Spray Paint. 

This morning I went for it and added the overstock version to my cart after I received a 7% off coupon in the mail. The total damage for the desk was only $127.47! 


So, what's the verdict? Can you spot the difference between the two? 

Worth a savings of over $206?

West Elm Parsons Desk



















Overstock Student White Desk














Such a good deal that I also ordered myself the Nimes Putty Grey Tufted Side Chair to use as a desk chair! I've been obsessed with this chair for a while - but at $227.99 I always chickened out. With the discount it was only $213 - so I went for it. A great deal considering tufted, nail head dining chairs like this go for $349 or more other places (see this similar Home Depot version)

Comments

Popular Posts