Kid's Gift Guide 2019

I told Matt I wanted to get only one gift each kid this year (you know to be green and eco-friendly) and he laughed in my face. At first I was pissed, but then I thought about it. Really Erin? You have two kids under the age of 9 and YOU are going to put one lonely gift under the tree for each of them? Yeah mother meowing right. Then I heard (on the Sustainable Minimalist podcast) about the idea of giving each kid 7 gifts, one of which is an experience. I love this (in the vein of "buy experiences not things") and set out to plan gifts for Ev and B this way.

Here are six gifts can be used over and over again - real staying power to keep kids interested! The seventh gift you can fill in with any experience you want. For us, it is going to be tickets to a horse drawn sleigh ride and ice skating at Strawberry Banke. The kids are going to go bananas!

Clock-wise from left
Tegu Blocks
Water Wow Safari Pack
Non-Toxic Kid Drum
Dino Trux Ty
Lonely Planet: The Animal Book
Keyboard Piano


Comments

Popular Posts