2018 Holiday Decor: Our Living Room Tour!

Don't tell me hubs that Ollie is on the chair in this post! I love snuggling him on the furniture when no one else is home. I may like nice things, but nothing too precious to make our home comfortable to share with animals and I don't own anything that would make me cry if covered with pet fur :)

This may be our last Christmas with Benjamin Moore Sterling on the walls! I plan to have our painter (Steve) paint the walls Benjamin Moore Soft Chamois after the new year hits. We all need a fresh start occasionally and Soft Chamois is the color of our living room in our first home. I have yet to find any color so perfect as Soft Chamois for a room with limited lighting. Sure Classic Gray is beautiful and I have used it in client's spaces, but my own living room has never had enough natural light for that color. I liked Going to the Chapel - but  too buttery for me with our overhead lighting.

Plus, Soft Chamois holds a special place in my heart. I first discovered the color in my favorite EVER issue of House Beautiful in April 2010. Melissa Warner had me like "Girl! Your apartment is perfect!" and I started following her work right away. It was love at first sight and I quickly painted my own living room that same perfect shade. When people came over they would freak over the color "What is this? I love it! It has a hint of something I can't put my finger on it". It is a mysterious, creamy, light and airy color. I still have the feature from this apartment in my design binder and I reference it often for the use of color and touches of animal print, which have become important aspects of my own personal style.

Our current living room was builder's beige when we moved in and I really wanted a paint color without warmth at the time we moved it. I wanted the opposite of beige! But now after several years in the house and a realization that we lack natural light due to the shade trees, I wanted something slightly moody, but creamy and light like foam on a latte.

Anyways, about our holiday decor. This year we kept the same general color scheme and decor, but added some fresh elements such as the Wisteria Ginger Jar Ornaments and Houzz Pagoda Mirror. I have the same Buffalo Check tree skirt from last year (sadly no longer available, sorry!)
 
k



Comments

Popular Posts