Client Project - Family Room

One of my favorite aspects of designing rooms is finding ways to make a stylish space that is also for kids! So far, my clients have been families with children and I love finding ways to keep a space safe and enjoyable for everyone, while not having plastic toys and balls thrown everywhere.

This particular client has a giant family room with space to entertain. I was tasked with finding a way to create a TV room that the family could use, while also creating an entertaining area for when the grown ups have dinner parties. My clients love brass, blue and rich leathers! Here are a couple versions of the design I came up with.

Since the space was already painted a color that I love (Benjamin Moore Gray Owl) I decided to work with the color they had and choose finishes that could play off the existing paint scheme.

This version is great for Spring (swapping out a rug can transform a room from season to season beautifully). The leather chairs add a cigar bar vibe that I love for evening entertaining, yet they are also easy to wipe clean from kid messes.

I am obsessed with that white console used in this design, from Ballard Designs and those buffalo check pillows from Mcgee & Co.




















I love the buffalo check rug in this version!


Comments

Popular Posts