Re-thinking Space

For 2 years now, our Pottery Barn Square sofa has been facing the fireplace. This was nice in winter, but really I hate looking at the fireplace (yes I still have not painted the knotty pine white yet, that is on the to do list). So, when I had my recent baby shower to celebrate Brendan - I decided to move the sofa to the windows to make it earlier for guests to mull about. This was an instant improvement, but I have spent months trying to figure out how to add extra seating without making this corner crowded. Then, yesterday after watching HGTV all day, I had an epiphany! I moved the Dolce Chair from Target in front of the french doors (we never close the doors - so I felt comfortable blocking them). Next I brought the Crate and Barrel leaning shelf downstairs to flank to other side of the sofa. This corner of our living room is so much more welcoming and put together now - I couldn't be happier! Well, I could be happier if one morning I woke up to a magically painted fireplace...but you get the point:)

BEFORE

















AFTER

Comments

Popular Posts