Bye Bye Barbie Pink Tile

I just realized, I've been a bad blogger lately. I mean seriously, I wouldn't blame you if you stopped checking for updates, because I've been on quite a hiatus for several months since we bought our new home.

This is only because I have been busy at work with lots of DIY projects and decorating challenges to help make this house feel like ours:)

One operation took longer than anticipated and turned our lives upside down. Folks, meet my Barbie Pink retro bathroom.




I will tell you, I almost kept this maroon/pink tile combo after the support from many friends with encoruagement that of all people, I could pull this horrendous color combo off. I was flattered that anyone would think I of all people could make this work - and in some ways I wanted the challenge:) But, ultimately, I am a white and blue bathroom kind of girl - and nothing is going to change that. So, I set out scouring the internet for resources on how to paint tile...and I went for it.

I used a low VOC tile primer and regular old Benjamin Moore Satin Paint in White Dove.

Drum roll please for the progress shot:)





Not too shabby right!? We are 1000% happier with our white tile and our shower curtain from the previous home works with the floor here - making this a pretty low cost project (with the exception of the toilet and vanity we had to buy, but that is another story).

Many more posts to come I promise - a word of encouragement to all those with pink bathrooms out there - you don't have to live with it until you can afford an expensive renovation. Paint it!



Comments

Popular Posts