Podcast Episode 4: Loving Grand Millennial style (and my new favorite TV show)

Among the 2020 design trends, there is one trend that seems to pop up in almost every article I stumble upon. That design trend is Grand Millennial. In fact, we just recorded a blog post about this style, which went live today. In Episode 4 - we are working through some rough audio connections (dang WIFI issues), so bear with us! Hopefully our new, incredible intro music provides a delightful distraction from the otherwise poor audio. Our new intro is by the extraordinarily talented Megan Morrison. The song Wanderlust has not been released yet and we are so excited to provide you all with a preview of her lovely new track! We both have been playing it on repeat - it is so good! You can learn more about Megan's on her site.

We LOVE Grand Millennial decor because it is a design style which is rooted in traditional style, but with a modern twist. Rattan, chinoiserie, brass, block prints, needlepoint, cane furniture, floral, chintz, french blue, wood furniture, gingham - all of these things are at home in this style genre. For years I have struggled to find a term that adequately describes my style, and folks I think Grand Millennial best encapsulates all the things I love most.

If you are looking for some beautiful Grand Millennial inspiration, check out Ariel Oken. Her style is impeccable! The cane bed in her master bedroom is the stuff of my dreams, seriously. Also, here is the blog post I talked about during the podcast from Impeccable Nest about how to spot Grand Millennial style.

We also added a new segment to the podcast this week, called Things We Are Digging to share some real time favorite things with you all and mix up our content a bit!

  • Meg is loving a rally fun coffee alternative this week, called Rasa. Meg and I both use this product and love it!

Okay, back to our topic of the week, Grand Millennial decorating. Here are some recent pics I took of my living room...with some Grand Millennial moments.
















If you are looking for some TV shows to provide inspiration for this style, I highly recommend Grand Hotel on Netflix. It is in Spanish with subtitles and I would describe it as a more dramatic, scandalous Spanish version of Downton Abbey. You must go check it out! I promise if you like Downton Abbey you will love it. The costumes and set are absolutely breathtaking. And yes, the show has lots of rattan furniture and long, flowing romantic dresses on the cast members to boot.

Comments

Popular Posts