A Clean & Classic Bathroom Design

Soon we will be renovating our upstairs bathroom! This is our only full bathroom in our home and I am scared of how long the whole process may take. Having watched friends renovate bathrooms, showering at the gym and living in general chaos, I have dreaded this project for far too long.

Anyhow, let's talk about the design plan! The fun part. After our recent trip to Florida for Valentine's Day -  I was struck by how relaxing the bathroom was at the resort we stayed in. It was clean and classic and oh so soothing! The vibe was 100% timeless and now we want to achieve that style in our bathroom.

I love me some brass (you all know this!) - but I am terrified of putting in all brass shower fixtures, faucets, sconces, hardware etc. Don't get me wrong - unlacquered brass is a classic. That said - I think the Pinterest laden brass everywhere look is going to be dated soon, only because is has been overused. We all know what can happen to something classic when it goes too mainstream - I am looking at you my beloved chevron!

Anyways, changing out fixtures in a bathroom is a pain (and expensive). Even though brass makes my heart sing, what if I grow tired of brass after doing all this work? This is where my conservative instincts kick in!

To play it safe in one of the most expensive rooms to renovate, I am opting for minimal amounts of brass in this redesign. I can't forget the brass altogether though! Maybe we will do brass on the mirror only - since I like the idea of one brass item with all polished nickel for fixtures and hardware. After all - mixing metals in chic! We will say yes to lots of classic marble in our bathroom design, using an abundance of polished nickel and clean crisp white towels. For the floors I originally thought about a marble hex tile, which I love, but I am seeing that everywhere now and we want to be different. For a long time, I've been loving basketweave marble which I also classic. Basketweave may be the winner!

This washstand is like something you would see in bathrooms a century ago (and it is still and always has been) chic. Console sinks with marble are so pretty!

I love mixing metals and a touch of brass feels safer than going 100% with brass finishes in our bathroom. This mirror is perfect!

Since we need a shower and bath combo with the kiddos, I am really loving this. Also the hubs is not a fan of rain shower heads, so this Pottery Barn set fits the bill for something with more direct water spray.

I already own the Pearson sconces from Pottery Barn and they will look right with the other design choices in this room.

These hotel banded border towels from Serena and Lily are fresh and classic. The gray ones are also on sale!

Comments

Popular Posts