How to Decorate with Books


1) Stack in pairs, or threes
When decorating with books, only use more than one book in a stack for added dimension and visual interest. Two of three books make a perfect stack, which is something I really have learned through trial and error. I prefer to start with the largest book on top and add smaller books on top to create a little pyramid that is visually appealing to the eye.

2) Add a decorative object
On top of your book stack, add a sculptural accent. Find a pretty vase, shell, framed photo or other decorative object and center it on top of the stack. 


3) Pick books with colorful spines
Think about your rooms color palette and then go shopping! I recommend going to a book store since you can really shop for books by spine color. The right colors make all the difference. For me, I shop mostly for shades of pink, mint and blue. I also have several rooms in my home which are more neutral, where I shop exclusively for books in shades of cream, griege and gray.

4)  Show Your Personality
My guests often pick up books I have displayed and start reading them while visiting, especially in the guest room. I love to have books with interesting themes, think about what interests you most and buy some pretty books about that subject. We have an entire stack of travel books in our home, a favorite of my kids.


5)  Dust your books often
Don't let your books start collecting dust bunnies! Dust once a week to keep them looking fresh.



























Comments

Popular Posts