Coastal Style

I'm noticing a lot of California inspired design lately. Mostly I would say, a traditional coastal look is incredibly popular right now. Look at designers like Studio McGee and Becki Owens (and shops like Serena and Lily) and you will see so much of this look happening. It isn't quite my style (because I like bold for myself personally!) but I love how light and bright this style can be and I also dig the casual vibe it creates. And I love beach accents in any room because they bring so much texture and who doesn't love the beach (well besides my dad of course)?

Studio McGee






























Becki Owens


Serena and Lily














I decided to try a mood board based on this beach traditional feel. So much to love - blush tones, indigo, leather, spindle wood, raffia accents (and you might notice I manged to sneak some buffalo check in there - I can't stop!). Soon I would absolutely love to try this look out in someone else's home! My sister's new house in Washington state will be a perfect candidate for a refresh using this style. Her new home is classic and right on the water. I can't wait to help her turn her new house into a home for her two boys!

All the tables shown in this mood board are from the same place!

The Blake Coffee Table is one of my favorites due to it's pretty texture and extra shelf below for book lovers!

The Blake Night Stand works so nicely in living rooms and bedrooms alike! I love the drawer for stashing remotes and coasters.

That lovely blue rug is a great deal and it is from Target.




Comments

Popular Posts