Living Room Inspiration

So, it happening!!

By it - I mean we are painting the living room finally! As a reminder, this is how it looks today.

 Our plan of attack is to paint the fireplace white, paint the walls Benjamin Moore Gray Mist and re-paint all the trim a brilliant white (Olympic Zero VOC Off the Shelf White Semi-Gloss).

But - there are still decisions to be made. Like, what color will we paint the inside of the built in bookcases and china cabinets? This decision is what is tripping me up at this point.









Part of me wants to go for impact, something a la Young House Love (see their awesome built ins below). If I go bold, I am really loving Benjamin Moore AF-565 (Mysterious). But, I am also considering a warm gray with slightly more oomph than the wall color, something like Benjamin Moore 1535 - Seattle Mist.






















For the finished room palette I'm taking my inspiration from the Hotel Yountville in Napa Valley. How pretty is this room?

I think adding a pop of navy blue could take this palette of taupe, camel and coral to the next level.

Comments

  1. You could try wallpaper with an awesome print for those bookshelf built ins! I was thinking of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa - you read my mind! I'm now thinking patterned wallpaper would be really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! Love it. Can't wait to see how it all turns out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts